Quick and Easy Potato Gratin. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories I have made this dish with other recipes quite a few times, this is by far the best tasting and was very quick and easy to make, my family loved it. On holidays, a friend serves these creamy, cheesy potatoes when we gather together to celebrate with lifelong friends and grown children.
A perfect gratin is thick, rich, and creamy with soft but intact potatoes and decadent cheesy flavor. This recipe is loosely based on Orlando Murrin's recipe in "A Table in the Tarn: Living, Eating, and Cooking in Rural. This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there. You can cook Quick and Easy Potato Gratin using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Potato Gratin
- It’s 3 large of or 5 medium Potatoes.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 3 of sheets Easy melting cheese.
Here's the best way to cook homemade au gratin potatoes at home before your holiday meal. Don't be intimidated by the name. Potatoes au gratin are actually really easy to master. Thanksgiving dinner is usually served with mounds of hot, buttery mash potato.
Quick and Easy Potato Gratin instructions
- Wash the potatoes carefully, wrap in plastic wrap (skins intact) and microwave..
- Using paper towels, peel the skins. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 2-4 chunks. Then slice into 1cm..
- Spread the potatoes in a gratin or casserole dish..
- Pour heavy cream and sprinkle salt. Tear the cheese and sprinkle on top..
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the toaster oven. When the cheese is melted and the heavy cream starts bubbling, it's done..
- It's also tasty to cook with sweet potatoes instead of potatoes.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145026-easy-sweet-potato-gratin.
However, if you feel like a change this holiday, consider serving a rich, indulgent potato gratin instead. It's also great with turkey or chicken if you infuse the cream with a few fresh sage leaves. Cooking tips for easy potato gratin recipe. For this recipe I suggest using either Russet or Yukon gold potatoes. The Russets are my personal choice for this recipe, they have lots of starch in them, and that starch really helps the casserole to hold together well.