You can have Beef Stroganoff using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1.5 pounds of beef.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of flour, more to powder the beef.
- You need 1.5 cups of half & half cream.
- It’s 2 cups of instant rice.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of paprika.
- You need 0.2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of water.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Slice the beef into thin stripes.
- Add a significant amount of salt and pepper..
- Coat the beef stripes with flour.
- Fry the stripes until they're golden then take off heat.
- Finely chop the onion and saute it until slightly caramelized, then add the minced garlic. Stir.
- Add tomato sauce, flour, paprika, and nutmeg. Stir until even.
- Add beef slices to the mix, then gradually add water while stirring to avoid clumping the flour.
- Raise heat until it starts to boil, then turn heat down, cover, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Start preparing rice 13 minutes after adding water. Boil 2 cups of water and add 2 cups of rice. Turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes.