Spaghetti squash with roasted tomato sauce and chicken. Spaghetti squash strands are a nutritious alternative to pasta in this dinner dish with chicken breast, paprika, and fire-roasted tomatoes. I used a larger spaghetti squash and entire can of fire roasted tomatoes. It s served five people with leftovers for lunch.
Spaghetti – it brings up visions of long strands of glutenous pasta, dripping with tomato sauce… however the spaghetti here is the squash If it is later in the season, then a pear salad with honey-citrus vinaigrette will match nicely too. Slow Cooker Chicken and Tomato Spaghetti Squash Recipe. Whether you're already a spaghetti squash lover or you're feeling fearful, I've got a great recipe for you to try. You can cook Spaghetti squash with roasted tomato sauce and chicken using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti squash with roasted tomato sauce and chicken
- You need 1 of spaghetti squash.
- Prepare 6 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balasmic vinegar.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of thyme.
- Prepare of rosemary.
- Prepare strips of frozen chicken.
Back then I was all into spaghetti, pasta, and basically anything that was full of refined carbs – thank goodness I found real food! Anyhow, I'd read these fantastic things about this vegetable that. Roasted Spaghetti squash topped with a simple-yet-delicious meat sauce simmered with tomatoes, onions, carrots and celery. Spaghetti squash is getting to be known as a great substitute for pasta for tasty Italian-based recipes that are both meatless and low in carbohydrates―a five-star healthy rating.
Spaghetti squash with roasted tomato sauce and chicken instructions
- Microwave the squash for 5 mins. Let it cool and slice in the middle into half. Scoop off the inner pulp with seeds..
- Drizzle olive oil and season with salt,pepper. Place it in an oven proof tray, turned the squash skin upside..
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees. Bake the squash fir 30 to 40 mins,depending on the size..
- Remove from oven, let it cool and scoop it with fork like noodles..
- For the marinara sauce, in a oven proof dish, drizzle oliveoil, place tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, thyme,rosemary, salt,pepper..
- Place in the oven. Preheat at 450 for 30mins..
- Remove the dish, remove the tomato skins, transfer all the contents to saucepan, let it simmer for few mins. You can add some white wine if u want..
- For the chicken., i defrosted some frozen chicken strips and fry them on the pan..
- Arrange the sphagetti on a plate, top it with the sauce and chicken..
In this recipe, spaghetti squash is steamed with basil, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese for a deep Italian vibe. The squash is done when the insides can be poked with gently. This makes spaghetti squash super easy to prepare. Top your squash with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese for some Italian flair. Instead of cutting the squash first, the squash gets roasted whole.